United Physical Therapy
We are happy to be able to continue caring for those in need and all of our facilities are open during this ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic
What We’re Doing…
Our current practices and provisions to ensure your health and safety during this time:
· We advise that if you’re feeling unwell, or are experiencing any of the following symptoms, to please stay home: cough, cold, or flu-like symptoms, fever and unusual muscle aches, sore throat, nasal congestion, headaches, any pneumonia-like symptoms (sweating, chills, shortness of breath)
· Our tables, rooms, and equipment are cleaned and disinfected after each use.
· Our front desk, waiting area, and common areas are cleaned and disinfected throughout operating hours.
· Our staff practices thorough hand washing procedures prior to patient contact and after.
· We have added hand sanitizing stations throughout our buildings.
· Our staff will stay home if they exhibit any of the outlined symptoms above.
Requirements for travelers
All travelers must have a negative COVID test either within 72 hours of travel, or
Upon arrival in Alaska, get tested and present negative test after minimum 5 days of "strict social distancing"
14 day quarantine still an option without testing
The only other scenario to be aware of that is part of the new mandate is if a person has already had a POSITIVE COVID test in the last 90 days. In that scenario,
The traveler provides proof of a previously positive result of a molecular- based test for SARS-CoV2 within 90 days of departure; and
The traveler is currently asymptomatic; and
The traveler can show a note of recovery from a medical provider or a
public health official indicating the traveler has been released from isolation.
Here is the mandate:
What You Can Do…
In addition, here is what you can do to help:
· Please wash and sanitize your hands prior to your appointment, and again after.
· Please limit, if possible, additional people coming to your appointment.
· Please avoid bringing children to your appointment. If they do need to be with you, please keep them inside the treatment room.
· Please practice “social distancing” – keeping a conscious effort to avoid close distances between others, besides your healthcare provider – whenever possible.
· Travel mandates will be reinforced for our patients (either 14 day quarantine or negative COVID test done a minimum of 7 days after returning to Alaska from out of state)
Telehealth is an option for patients who can't come in
Video teleconference with a physical or occupational therapist.
Excellent option if you are not feeling well, quarantining, or at too high of risk to come in to the clinic
Evaluations and follow up appointments possible
Can also be used when patient travels or lives remotely